Skip to main content

Gernot Rohr says he will accept all the conditions the NFF have laid out in the new contract.

Gernot Rohr wants to continue as Super Eagles Coach ~ Sport

Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr has revealed that he is ready to accept a pay cut to continue his project with the Super Eagles of Nigeria.

Rohr has been with the Super Eagles since August 2016 and his current contract expires on June 30 2020.
The NFF have however the Franco-German a new contract which states that he will get a lower wage compared to what he was paid before.
Despite the reduction in wages and the terms that state that he must reside in the country and be paid in local currency, Rohr says he will accept the contract.
"But I heard like everybody what was said by President [Amaju] Pinnick, that I have to accept to be paid in Naira, and I have to be resident in Nigeria. I agree to these two things, and even I agree to have a lower salary,” Rohr told ESPN.
"I am not doing my job for money. I am doing my job because I like it. Because we have built a team like you know, and money is not the most important. But I also have to look after my assistants

Gernot Rohr (left) says his mission with the Super Eagles is not finished (Twitter/OgaNlaMedia)

"I accept because I think that my mission in Nigeria is not finished yet, and I know very well my players. I know very well the officials. We are now just like a family, and I think it is good to continue especially in this period now where it is difficult to change, to travel, to see new people."
Rohr was reportedly being paid around N24m every month ($55,000) but it is not known how much cut he is willing to take for his new contract.
Rohr also revealed that he has returned NFF’s contract proposal with some demands of his own and is hoping an agreement would be reached soon so he can sign an extension.
After taking over from Sunday Oliseh in August 2016, Rohr led the Super Eagles through a successful qualifying campaign for the 2018 FIFA World Cup and signed a two-year-extension just after the tournament,
Under Rohr, the Super Eagles failed to get past the group stage of the World Cup and finished third at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON)
In total, the Super Eagles have played 49 games under Rohr with 29 wins, 11 draws and nine loses.
NB: $1=N455


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ant McPartlin's aTV presenter £31million divorce from estranged wife whose name is lisa Armstrong is finalised after battle of 2 years

British presenter, Ant McPartlin's £31million divorce from his estranged wife Lisa Armstrong, has reportedly been finalised, meaning he is now free to propose to girlfriend Anne-Marie Corbett. Their 12-year marriage was officially dissolved this week after a court  granted a decree, according to Mail Online. The former couple split in January 2018 before their   union legally came to an end during a 30-second hearing in October 2018. During the hearing, Ant had to technically admit adultery with his former PA and girlfriend, Anne-Marie as their romance began while he and Lisa were still married. A source told The Sun: 'It's been an extremely difficult road with a lot of heartache and unpleasantness, but it's finally done. It's over. 'Ant's been desperate to start the next chapter of his life and at least now he and Anne-Marie can plan for the future. It won't be long before they are married.'  It was recently reported that An...

The reality TV star said her mum was under immerse pressure from relatives while she was pregnant.

The reality TV star made this known during the premiere of a joint reality TV show with Ike, her partner, who is also a former BBNaija housemate. According to her, her mother went through a lot during her pregnancy as she was under pressure from her family members. “That really got my mom trying to abort me. My mum told me that what she did was when she goes to the farm, she would climb a tree and intentionally fall from there to see if she could get rid of me. “When she told me that, I had told myself that I had to make it, whatever it took to be somebody. I had to make her proud somehow for what she did for me. Eke emerged the 4th winner of BBNaija after she was announced the winner of the 2019 edition tagged Pepper Dem. She became the first female ever to win the BBNaija reality TV show since it began over a decade ago.

The only way to suceed on Earth is by following him

  Jesus answered,  “I am  the way  and the truth  and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through me.{ John 14:6} The only way to see our Heavenly Father is through his only begotten son Jesus Christ As we have seen in the bible verse above without accepting Jesus who is the way,the truth and the life into our hearts ,we cannot see God. Any man who is ready to accept Jesus must move far away from sins and come clean before him Afterwards fight to have the Spirit of JESUS CHRIST which is the HOLY SPIRIT Romans 8:9-11   New International Version (NIV)  9  You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh  but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you.  And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ,  they do not belong to Christ.   10  But if Christ is in you,  then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life    because of right...